|2010: The Year We Make Contact|
|Starring||Roy Scheider, John Lithgow, Helen Mirren, Bob Balaban, Douglas Rain|
|57th Academy Awards|
2010: The Year We Make Contact (commonly called 2010) is a 1984 American science fiction film written and directed by Peter Hyams. It is a sequel to Stanley Kubrick's 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey, and is based on Arthur C. Clarke's novel 2010: Odyssey Two, a literary sequel to the film.
- Best Art Direction — Albert Brenner, Rick Simpson
- Best Costume Design — Patricia Norris
- Best Makeup — Michael Westmore
- Best Sound Mixing — Michael J. Kohut, Aaron Rochin, Carlos Delarios, Gene Cantamessa
- Best Visual Effects — Richard Edlund, Neil Krepela, George Jenson, Mark Stetson
In this sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey, a joint American-Soviet expedition is sent to Jupiter to discover what went wrong with the U.S.S. Discovery against a backdrop of growing global tensions. Among the mysteries the expedition must explain are the appearance of a huge black monolith in Jupiter's orbit and the fate of H.A.L., the Discovery's sentient computer.