Oscars Wiki is a collaborative website about the Academy Awards that anyone can edit! While numerous movie databases exist, this wiki is dedicated to Oscar-nominated films, people, and the awards themselves.
The Academy Awards (also known as the Oscars) is perhaps the most notable awards ceremony in the world, with a million viewers in over 100 countries. Trophies are awarded to the best in many categories, including directors, actors, writers, films, and editing.
The 86th Academy Awards ceremony, during which the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) will present its annual Academy Awards to honor the best films of 2013, is scheduled for March 2, 2014 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California. Ellen DeGeneres will host the Academy Awards. Read More...
- The Hurt Locker sets the record as the lowest grossing movie to win Best Movie in the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock is the first actress to win both best and worst actress in the same week
- The “Red carpet” at the Kodak Theatre is about 500 feet long
- Kevin O'Connell, the Oscars' unluckiest nominee, holds the record for the most nominations, 20, and no wins.
- Until 2010, when Kathryn Bigelow won, no woman had ever won the Oscar for best director
NY Times Carpetbagger Blog
|Nominations voting begins||Friday, December 27, 2013|
|Nominations polls close||Wednesday, January 8, 2014|
|Nominations announced at Samuel Goldwyn Theater||Thursday, January 16, 2014|
|Nominees Luncheon||Monday, February 10, 2014|
|Final voting begins||Friday, February 14, 2014|
|Scientific and Technical Achievement Awards presentation||Saturday, February 15, 2014|
|Final Polls closed||Tuesday, February 25, 2014|
|86th Annual Academy Awards presentation||Sunday, March 2, 2014|