Oscars Wiki is a collaborative website about the Academy Awards that anyone can edit! While numerous movie databases exist, this wiki is dedicated to Oscar-nominated films, people, and the awards themselves.
The Academy Awards (also known as the Oscars) is perhaps the most notable awards ceremony in the world, with a million viewers in over 100 countries. Trophies are awarded to the best in many categories, including directors, actors, writers, films, and editing.
The 86th Academy Awards ceremony, during which the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) presented its annual Academy Awards to honor the best films of 2013, was held March 2, 2014 at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, California with Ellen DeGeneres as host. Read More...
- The Hurt Locker sets the record as the lowest grossing movie to win Best Movie in the Oscars
- Oliver! is the only G-rated film to win Best Picture (the last G-Rated film to date to be nominated for Best Picture is Toy Story 3)
- The “Red carpet” at the Kodak Theatre is about 500 feet long
- Kevin O'Connell, the Oscars' unluckiest nominee, holds the record for the most nominations, 20, and no wins.
- Until 2010, when Kathryn Bigelow won, no woman had ever won the Oscar for best director
NY Times Carpetbagger Blog
|Nominations voting begins||Friday, December 29, 2014|
|Nominations voting ends||Wednesday, January 8, 2015|
|Nominations announced at Samuel Goldwyn Theater||Thursday, January 15, 2015|
|Nominees Luncheon||Monday, February 2, 2015|
|Final voting begins||Friday, February 6, 2015|
|Scientific and Technical Achievement Awards presentation||Saturday, February 7, 2015|
|Final voting ends||Tuesday, February 17, 2015|
|87th Annual Academy Awards presentation||Sunday, February 22, 2015|