Kurland at the 86th Academy Awards Nominee Luncheon
|Nashville, Tennessee, USA|
Peter Franklin Kurland is a production sound mixer. Kurland has done boom operation work along with sound mixing on many films, such as Walk the Line, The Ladykillers, Intolerable Cruelty, Men in Black, Wild Wild West, and O Brother, Where Art Thou?. He won two Grammy's for O Brother, Where Art Thou?, a BAFTA award and a CAS award for Walk the Line, and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing for Walk the Line.
In 2008 he won the CAS award for No Country for Old Men was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Sound Mixing as well as the BAFTA award. In 2011, he was nominated again for the Best Sound Mixing Academy Award, this time for the film True Grit (2010).
Kurland has worked on every Coen Brothers' film for the past 25 years.
- 78th Academy Awards, 2005
- Best Sound Mixing — Walk the Line (shared with Paul Massey and D.M. Hemphill)
- 80th Academy Awards, 2007
- Best Sound Mixing — No Country for Old Men (shared with Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey and Greg Orloff)
- 83rd Academy Awards, 2010
- Best Sound Mixing — True Grit (2010) (shared with Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey and Greg Orloff)