|The Dark Knight|
|8 Nominations / 2 Wins|
|Writer||Jonathan Nolan and Christopher Nolan|
|Starring||Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Morgan Freeman|
|81st Academy Awards|
The Dark Knight is a 2008 superhero film directed, produced, and co-written by Christopher Nolan. Based on the DC Comics character "Batman", the film is the second part of Nolan's Batman film series and a sequel to 2005's Batman Begins.
- Best Art Direction — Nathan Crowley, Peter Lando
- Best Cinematography — Wally Pfister
- Best Film Editing — Lee Smith
- Best Makeup — John Caglione, Jr., Conor O’Sullivan
- Best Sound Editing — Richard King
- Best Sound Mixing — Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo, Ed Novick
- Best Supporting Actor — Heath Ledger
- Best Visual Effects — Nick Davis, Chris Corbould, Tim Webber, Paul Franklin
Batman raises the stakes in his war on crime. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent, Batman sets out to dismantle the remaining criminal organizations that plague the city streets. The partnership proves to be effective, but they soon find themselves prey to a reign of chaos unleashed by a rising criminal mastermind known to the terrified citizens of Gotham as The Joker.